A campaign must be linked to at least one ad before it can go live. The ad controls the content that is shown to the user and what happens when the user interacts with that content, while the campaign controls where and when the ad is shown.
A campaign can use any number of ads, and an ad can be used by any number of campaigns.
When you create a new campaign or edit an existing campaign, you link it to ads on the Linked Ads page.
When you create a new campaign, you see this page right before the Summary page.
To open the Linked Ads page for an existing campaign, click the Actions button, choose Edit Campaign, and then click the Linked Ads tab.
- On the Linked Ads tab, click Link Ads.
- On the Ads list, find the ad you want. Click Add.
You can repeat this step for as many ads as you need.
- Once you have linked all your ads, click Save (if you're editing an existing campaign) or Done (if you're creating a new campaign).
Removing an Ad from the Campaign
- On the Linked Ads tab, find the ad you don't want the campaign to use.
- Click the X next to the ad.