You can automate the reporting process by scheduling reports that you regularly build. You choose the type of report to run, as well as the dimensions, just like you would for a one-time report. You also choose how often the report should be built (daily, weekly, or monthly) and the duration of the reporting schedule (the first day the report should be generated and the last day to generate it).
Once the scheduled report is set up, the DSP builds the report on the chosen days and times and sends an email to let you know that the report is ready.
- The maximum number of reports you can schedule is 5 reports per account ID and 10 reports per advertiser ID.
- Scheduled reports can't be edited. They can only be copied, deleted, or paused.
- Reports created from a schedule will expire after 15 days. They cannot be re-generated.
Scheduled Reports View
The Schedule Reports view is split into two halves: the top half lists all of your report schedules, and the bottom half lists all of your generated reports.
You create and manage your report schedules in the top half of the screen, and you can download generated reports in the bottom half. See Managing Scheduled Reports below for more details.
Each section has its own search bar and filters. See Filtering and Searching Reports for more information.
Creating a Scheduled Report
To create a report schedule, select Scheduled Reports from the main menu and click New Scheduled Report in the top right corner.
Give the report a Name.
- Choose a Report Type:
Select the report Dimensions. If you want to include conversion pixels as well, select Report on conversion pixels.
Choose the hierarchy level to Group By: Brand, Group, or Campaign. For most report types, there is only one option available.
Choose the Interval: Lifetime, Monthly, Weekly, Daily, or Hourly (available for select reports only).
- Choose the Duration, the time range for each report:
- Previous day: from 12:00 AM ET to 11:59 PM ET
- Previous week: from Monday at 12:00 AM ET to Sunday at 11:59 PM ET
- Previous month: from 12:00 AM ET on the first day of the last month to 11:59 PM ET the last day of that month
- Last 7 days: the previous 7 days, not including today
- Last 14 days: the previous 14 days, not including today
- Last 30 days: the previous 30 days, not including today
- Last 31 days: the previous 31 days, not including today
- Last 90 days: the previous 90 days, not including today
- Week to Date: from 12:00 AM ET on Monday of the current week to yesterday at 11:59 PM ET
- Month to Date: from 12:00 AM ET on the first day of the month to yesterday at 11:59 PM ET
In the Report Scheduling section, set the Repeats value, which is how often to generate the report: Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
- Set the Start Date and Start Time, the first time the report should be generated.
Note: There are limits on the total number of reports that a schedule can generate. If your Repeats setting and Start and End Dates create a schedule that will produce more reports than these limits allow, the report schedule will fail. The limits are:
- Start Date must be after today's date.
- Start Time options range from 8:00am to 11:00pm.
- Dates and times are in Eastern Time. Daylight savings is observed.
- Daily - 92
- Weekly - 52
- Monthly - 12
Set the End Date, the last time the report can be automatically generated.
Enter the email address of the person who should receive the report in the Send Download Link To field.
- In the Scope tab, select the brands, groups, and/or campaigns that you want to include in the report. If you chose to include conversion information in the report, select up to 50 conversions.
- Conversion reporting is not available for Data Segment reports.
Click Create Schedule. Your new report schedule will now be listed in the top half of the Schedule Reports screen.
In the top half of the Scheduled Reports view, you can stop a report from generating, copy a report schedule, or delete it altogether:
- To stop a report from generating, change its status to from Active to Paused in the Status column. You can change the status back to Active to resume generating that report.
- To copy a report schedule, click the Actions button and select Copy. See Copying a Report for more information.
- To delete a report schedule, click the Actions button and select Delete.
In the bottom half, you can download your reports:
- To download a report, click Available in the Status column. You will be prompted to open or save your file.