You can automate the reporting process by scheduling reports that you regularly build. You choose the type of report to run, as well as the dimensions and dates included in the report, just like you would set up a one-time report. You also choose how often the report should be run (daily, weekly, or monthly) and the duration of the reporting schedule (the first day the report should be generated and the last day to generate it).
Once the scheduled report is set up, the DSP builds the report on the chosen days and times and sends an email to let you know when the report is ready.
You can schedule up to 5 reports per account ID and up to 10 reports per advertiser ID.
Scheduled reports can't be edited. They can only be copied, deleted, or paused.
Reports created from a schedule will expire after 15 days. They cannot be re-generated.
To Create a Scheduled Report:
- Give the report a Name, one that you'll be able to recognize later.
- Choose a Report Type:
- Delivery/Performance Report
- Data Segment Report
- Geo Report
- Frequency Report
- Device Report
- Cross Device Report
- Select the report Dimensions.
- Delivery/Performance reports only: Choose the hierarchy level to Group By: Brand, Group, or Campaign.
- Set the Date Range, the dates to include in the report. The maximum length for a report varies by the report type:
- Delivery/Performance – Campaigns or Ads: 400 days
- Delivery/Performance – Sites/Domains/Placements: 45 Days
- Segment Reports: 45 days
- Geo Reports: 180 days (data available as of June 1st, 2016)
- Choose the Interval: Lifetime, Monthly, Weekly, Daily, or Hourly (available for select reports only).
- Choose the Duration, the time range for each report:
- Previous day: from 12 AM to 11:59 PM, Eastern time
- Previous week: from Monday at 12 AM to Sunday at 11:59 PM, Eastern time
- Previous month: from 12 AM on the first day of the last month to 11:59 PM the last day of that month, Eastern time
- Past 7 days: the previous 7 days, not including today
- Past 14 days: the previous 14 days, not including today
- Past 30 days: the previous 30 days, not including today
- Past 90 days: the previous 90 days, not including today
- In the Report Scheduling section, set the Repeats value, how often the report will be automatically generated: Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
- Set the Start Date and Start Time, the first time the report should be generated.
- Start Date must be after today's date.
- Start Time options range from 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
- Dates and times are expressed in Eastern time. Daylight savings is observed.
- Set the End Date, the last time the report can be automatically generated.
- Enter the email address of the person who should receive the report in the Send Download Link To field.
- Click Next.
- On the Scope page, select the campaigns you'd like to include in the report.
- Click Create Schedule.