Open the desired Brand, and in the My Ads tab, click New Ad > Audio.
In the General tab of the New Audio window, complete these fields:
- Name: Give the ad a name that you can recognize.
- Upload File: Select the audio file you are uploading:
- Size: 100 MB maximum
- Length: 15, 30, or 60 seconds
- Bitrate: 160 kbps maximum
- Format: MP3, OGG, M4A, MP4, AAC
- Destination URL: Indicate the landing page to which the ad will click through. This URL often points to an intermediate tracking server, which in turn sends the user to the landing page.
- Impression Tracking URL (Optional): If you are using a third party impression tracker, you can input the URL used to track impressions for the ad. Even if you leave this field blank, Basis DSP will automatically track impressions for you. Third-party impression trackers allow you to track impressions in another platform. For example, your client may require an independent count of impressions by their own tracking software.
- Brand Domain: If the default domain does not apply to this ad, edit it now. The brand domain cannot be edited after you create an ad. The domain should not include a protocol (https://) or landing page.
See Brand Domains and Categories for details.
- Brand Categories: If the default categories do not apply to the ad, edit them now. These categories cannot be changed after you have created the ad. See Brand Domains and Categories for details.
Additional Tracking URLs
Tracking URLs are called when a particular event happens. For example, the creative calls the Audio/Video Start URL when a audio file starts playing and calls the First Quartile URL when 25% of the video or audio file has played.
Audio ads can include a companion ad, an image that should be served with the audio or video ad. The image usually runs next to the audio player, giving sponsors more visibility throughout playback and providing a place for audio ad listeners to click.
Once you've completed all three tabs, click Create Ad. You will see the ad on your dashboard.