You can upload ad tag files (TXT or XLS/XLSX) that are exported from Sizmek, Google Campaign Manager, or other ad servers. We only support bulk uploading display ad tags, not VAST tags or tracking tags.
Important Details About Ad Tag Files
You should not modify the tag sheets that you receive from Sizmek or GCM. If you do, Basis DSP may not be able to properly parse the document or perform automated macro insertion.
- For Sizmek, we will take the tags in the column with the header "Script". If the Script version of the tag is not present, we will default to the IFRAME version, and then Auto Detect if IFRAME is unavailable.
- For other ad servers, you must upload an XSLX file. A blank template is available for download through the Bulk Upload Ad Tag window. See Excel Templates for Bulk Uploading Ads for more information about formatting this file.
Bulk Uploading Ad Tags
On the My Ads screen, click New Ad > Ad Tags, under Bulk Create.
Upload your TXT or Excel file. You can download a copy of our Excel template if you are using an ad server other than Sizmek or Google Campaign Manager.
- If you want the DSP to automatically insert macros, enable Automatically detect and insert macros.
Click Continue to upload your ad tags.
- Review each ad's properties. To make bulk edits, select multiple ads or click Select All in the top left corner.
- Review the ad's Name.
- Confirm its Dimensions.
- Verify the Tag Code, including any macros.
- If the ad is ATS compliant, select Ad is safe to serve to secure inventory.
- Edit the Brand Domain if the default domain does not apply. Do not include a protocol (https://) or landing page (e.g. abc.com, nbcnews.com). You cannot edit the brand domain after you create the ad. See Brand Domains and Categories for details.
- Edit the Brand Categories if the default categories do not apply. You cannot change these categories after you create the ads. See Brand Domains and Categories for details.
Optional: Choose a Vendor in the Vendor Declaration tab. If you're not using any of the vendors on the list, you don't need to make a declaration.
Click Create Ads to save the new ads. You can view your ads on the My Ads screen.