Uploading a Native Ad
To create a native ad, first open the desired Brand.
From the My Ads tab, click New Ad and select Native.
In the upload window, complete these fields:
- Name: Give the ad a name that you can recognize.
- Image: Select the image for your creative. Be sure that it adheres to our ad specifications.
- Brand: Enter the name of the brand. The brand name appears on the ad.
- Logo or Icon(Optional): Upload a logo or icon image. The aspect ratio should be 1:1 (a square).
- Headline: This text will usually be larger and capture the most attention. If you enter more than 25 characters, the text may be truncated.
- Body: Less-dominant text that serves as the ad copy. If you enter more than 140 characters, the text may be truncated.
- Destination URL: Indicate the landing page to which the ad will click through. This URL often points to an intermediate tracking server, which in turn sends the user to the landing page.
- Impression Tracking URL(Optional): If you use a third-party impression tracker, you can input the URL that tracks impressions for the ad. Third-party impression trackers allow you to track impressions in another platform. For example, your client may require an independent count of impressions by their own tracking software. Whether you provide an impression tracking URL or not, Basis DSP automatically tracks impressions for you.
- SSL Status: Check the box if you know that the ad meets the requirements for secure environments. This status is important: if a secure page displays an ad that isn't secure, many browsers will show errors or not open the page.
- Brand Domain: If the default domain does not apply to this ad, edit it now. The brand domain cannot be edited after you create an ad. The domain should not include a protocol (https://) or landing page.
- See Brand Domains and Categories for details.
- Brand Categories: If the default categories do not
apply to the ad, edit them now. These categories cannot be changed
after you have created the ad. See
Brand Domains and Categories
- Click Create Ad. You see the creative on your dashboard.