Uploading VAST Audio or Video
On the My Ads screen, click New Ad > VAST Audio Ad or VAST Video Ad.
In the General tab, complete these fields:
Name: Give the ad a descriptive name.
- VAST XML File URL: Enter the URL of the VAST XML file.
- Click Auto insert macros to automatically insert Basis DSP macros into the tag. This feature is only available for Google Campaign Manager and Sizmek tags.
SSL Status: If the ad is ATS compliant, select Ad is safe to serve to secure inventory.
- VPAID Version (Optional): If your ad uses VPAID, you must select the appropriate version here: NONE, VPAID 1, or VPAID 2.
Brand Domain: If the default domain does not apply to this ad, edit it now. The brand domain cannot be edited after you create the ad. The domain should not include a protocol (https://) or landing page.
- See Brand Domains and Categories for details.
Brand Categories: If the default categories do not apply to the ad, edit them now. These categories cannot be changed after you create the ad. See Brand Domains and Categories for more information.
In the Vendor Declaration tab, select the vendor if you are using one. Google requires certain ad serving vendors/technologies to be declared for ads to run on Google Ad Manager. If a vendor is not listed, the that vendor does not require a declaration.
In the Event Tracking URLs tab, enter any tracking URLs that you want to use. Tracking URLs are called when a particular event happens. For example, the creative calls the Audio/Video Start URL when the file starts playing and calls the First Quartile URL when 25% of the audio or video has played.
- Click +Add Tracking URL to create a new row in the table below.
- Paste your tracking URL in the Tracking URL column.
- Select an event type from the dropdown menu:
- Click Tracking: Calls the URL when the ad is clicked.
- Audio/Video Start: Calls the URL when the audio/video starts to play.
- First Quartile: Calls the URL when the audio/video is 25% complete.
- Second Quartile: Calls the URL when the audio/video is 50% complete.
- Third Quartile: Calls the URL when the audio/video is 75% complete.
- Completion: Calls the URL when the audio/video is 100% complete.
- To remove a tracking URL, click the delete button (X).
Click Create Ad to upload your ad. You can view it on the My Ads screen.