Setting Up an HTML5 Ad
Before You Start
If your HTML5 creative is hosted on another server, just upload an ad tag. There are no special steps for configuring ad tags for HTML5 ads.
Uploading an HTML5 Ad
- On the My Ads screen, choose New > Upload HTML5 Ad.
- In the Upload HTML5 Ad dialog, give the ad a Name. This is the name you'll see when linking to campaigns or working in the My Ads screen, so be sure it describes the ad well.
- Upload your HTML5 file. Click Select File and navigate to the ZIP file you want to upload. See Preparing Your HTML5 Creative for file requirements.
- Enter the Destination URL (typically the URL of an intermediate tracking server)–this is the address that users go to when they click the ad. Use any macros you need, just like you would with other types of creative.
- Optional: Enter the Impression Tracking URL. Again, use any macros you need.
Choose the Dimensions for the ad. Although HTML5 creatives
can be designed to automatically fit a range of sizes, most SSPs only accept
bids for specific placement sizes.
If you want your HTML5 creative to be used for multiple sizes, create a new ad for each size, uploading the same HTML5 creative for each ad.
Set the Click Method.
Entire Ad Clickable:
- A single clickable area covers the entire creative
- No interactivity
- No additional tracking events
Query String Parameter:
Query String Parameter (Redirect Only):
- The destination URL for the ad is not declared with the DSP, and is decided at runtime by the creative.
- The query string parameter must be named clickTag or clickTAG.
- Entire Ad Clickable:
- Click Create Ad.